December 12, 2011

Day 6

When did you celebrate?


Well, first there was my birthday. At Annual Conference, we decided to celebrate several ways. First there was TGI Fridays / the Irish Pub with Jeremy and Chris, the two best friends one could ask for during Conference. Then we went out for sushi with whatever volunteers we could kidnap. Counting the dinner out when I got back to Elgin, I think I had four or five birthdays in ten days.

Then there was every official orientation celebration with BVS - crazy outfits, dance parties, togas, and runway walks. There is a nervous air about them, but that is quickly washed over with the first soda in three weeks and the last chance to laugh with your new best friends.

But the best moment of celebration, I would have to say, was going to EPH with friends after I got my job. It's my first real, honest-to-goodness, I get a paycheck every two weeks that pays the rent job. It was a nice relaxing evening out with my now former housemates that sealed the past two years with warm memories.

No comments:

Post a Comment