December 12, 2011

Day 7

What astonished you?


Easy answer: Annual Conference. After having been to my very first conference last year and enjoying it to some extent, I was saddened by the very crappy nature of stupid people's dumb stupitidy. At least I got a few laughs in between being really pissed off at my family.

Real answer: My parents moved this summer, after several years of dreaming. They packed up everything they could from the last 24 years, gave the rest away, and drove to Florida to live a less stressful life. In hot southern Florida.

Well, the process of going home and deciding what to do with all of my childhood belongings, I started gettin' all sentimental on 'em. Somewhere down the line, I dunno when, my dear old pa called me outta tha blue an said he wanted to make up for all that time we missed somehow.

Sure, we're both busy men, bringing home our own respective bacon, but it sure did warm my heart to hear from him that he wants to be a better father. I told him I didn't know much what he was talkin bout, but I reckon I sure would enjoy hearin his voice more offen. I always supposed it was my fault we weren't close like them other boys and their pops. I was astonished to hear my dad say he's as responsible as me for where we are. I never learned how to talk to him the way I ought, sharing important things and asking for advice about girls. I kept to my room and assumed he would tell me things if they were important. Ain't much use dwelling on the past, I've learned, and I can't write much more without gettin all teary eyed. Dad, don't you dare comment on here!

No comments:

Post a Comment