December 10, 2011

Day 4

What was the best book you read?




I could pull a Mitt Romney and say Atlas Shrugged, but I can sense some of you cookin' in your seats already.
This year was the year of unfinished business. I've never been good at reading outside of orientation, and now I'm up a creek without a paddle. I'm halfway through The Fountainhead still, barely into the Long Loneliness, and only got a chaper into the second Harry Potter book (I did finally read the first one last winter!)

So, by way of default, the best book I read this year was My Antonia by Willa Cather. It is a good introduction to the history of the mid-west, though I haven't seen any dirt floors in my two years here. The book did sadden me because the every time the narrator speaks of Antonia, I imagined that they would somehow wind up together. I demand a Hollywood ending!

Though, I must say, there's nothing quite like reading in the afternoon shade in central Florida in wintertime. Falling asleep before dinnertime with a book as your pillow is pretty awesome.

The last book I read was My Antonia by Willa Cather

No comments:

Post a Comment